Please read through the list below as you prepare for closing to help our staff expedite the pre-closing process. (Sellers, click here for important info.)
- The attendance of all borrowers listed on the loan application is required at settlement to ensure the proper execution of all loan documents.
- Bring a current government-issued photo ID, such as a Driver’s License or passport, along with your Social Security card for verification purposes.
- Any party not attending the closing will require a Power of Attorney. This document can be drawn-up by our office prior to closing or, should one exist, our office will need to review this document prior to closing for approval.
- Any documentation required by your loan officer should be brought to closing. Call your lender with any questions concerning the necessary documentation.
- Your lender requires proof of a current insurance policy on your property. This policy and paid receipt must be mailed or faxed to our office prior to closing. If a new policy is being originated, the invoice must be remitted prior to closing.
- Under Georgia law, any amount due at closing exceeding $5,000 must be paid in certified funds or wired to our office 24 hours prior to closing. At times, settlement costs are adjusted at closing, so bring your checkbook in case changes are made.
- Surveying the subject property prior to settlement is always recommended to ensure all parties understand the details and description of the land being conveyed.
- Bring the final sales agreement between you and your seller. If the conditions of this contract have been changed or amended prior to closing, fax the amendments to our office to ensure our staff has all the current details on your transaction.
- Make sure all utilities have been changed into your name.